UPDATE (Nov. 17th): Congratulations to the randomly selected contest winner, Shon Lee! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to claim your 30th Anniversary Bear!
Today is “Hug A Bear Day!” Did you know that Aurora, the company that manufactures YooHoo & Friends, makes hundreds of different bears (you can peruse Aurora’s beary nice offerings here)? We bring this up to you, loyal YooHoo & Friends fanatics, because we’re going to turn this special day into a week-long contest. It’s your “Hug A Bear Day” call to action, if you will. The winner will receive Aurora’s limited edition 30th Anniversary Bear, pictured above.
We want to see your photos, hear your story, or see some video about your favorite teddy bear(s) or teddy bear collection.
How to Enter: Write your story (at least 50 words please) and/or post a link to your photo/video in the comments of this blog post no later than November 13.
A random winner will be chosen from the blog comments and we will announce the name of the winner on Monday, November 14th. The contest is open to contestants worldwide.
Have you heard the long and storied tale of the Teddy Bear? Almost 100 years ago our 26th President, Theodore Roosevelt went hunting and could not find any bears in the woods. He finally came upon a grizzled old bear and when it was time to shoot, he refused to do so saying “it would be wrong to hunt such an old bear.” A political cartoonist immortalized the incident complete with a drawing of the bear. A shopkeeper made a stuffed animal version and asked permission from the president to call it a “Teddy Bear”.
Need some help on how to celebrate “Hug A Bear Day”? Follow these tips:
- Hug Your Whole Collection – Start your day off right and gather every Teddy Bear you can muster and give them a big group hug.
- Side by Side Comparisons – Line up all of your Teddy Bears with your young ones. Ask them to group them based on texture or color. Also try to determine the different kinds of stuffing each bear has.
- Take A Photo Of Your Collection – They say that “A picture says a thousand words” so why not take a picture of your Teddy collection? A picture can be a great way to commemorate “Hug A Bear Day”.
- Gift A Bear To A Friend – Friends love getting unexpected gifts. Find that perfect Teddy Bear for your friend and surprise them today. Tell them the story of the origin of the Teddy Bear and give it a big old “bear” hug!
- Be Charitable With Your Bears – The absolute best way to celebrate “Hug A Bear Day” is to give a bear to someone in need. Whether it is one from your collection or one you buy at the store, nothing will put a smile on a needy child’s face like a teddy bear. Even better will be the feeling you get from doing something good for someone else.
We hope you have a delightful hug a bear day and look forward to your entries for the hug a bear day contest!